Goals of the Master Plan
The information on this microsite (upcmasterplan.usc.edu) reflects archival data last updated in 2008. For the most accurate current information on the University Village Specific Plan, please visit village.usc.edu.
In 2006, USC embarked on a formal planning process to ensure stewardship of the University Park campus and its surrounding neighborhoods through the year 2030.
In fall 2008, the USC Board of Trustees approved the Master Plan and asked that USC administration proceed with initializing necessary public approvals.
The following goals have guided this process:
- To accommodate the physical growth of the campus in support of USC’s role and mission.
- To create a safe, attractive, sustainable, residential campus and neighboring urban community.
- To extend and enhance the park-like feel of the University Park campus.
- To act as a catalyst for public and private non-university investment in the surrounding communities, including non-university-owned residential, commercial and open spaces.
- To value the rich architectural heritage of the campus and surrounding communities.
- To improve a comprehensive campus and public street circulation system serving pedestrians, bikes and vehicles.
- To improve resources and management of parking and transportation systems.